macOS Mojave and later will ask you for permission the first time Audiobook Builder needs to interact with Music or iTunes in some way, like adding the Music or iTunes selection to your new audiobook or adding your new audiobook to Music or iTunes. If you get a message from Audiobook Builder that it’s “Unable to add the audiobook to Music” or “Unable to add the audiobook to iTunes”, you might’ve accidentally declined that request or a stray click in System Preferences has told your Mac to prevent Audiobook Builder from talking to Music or iTunes. Here’s how to tell your Mac it’s a-OK:
- Go to the Apple () menu at the top left corner of your screen and click the System Preferences… item to reveal the System Preferences window.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon.
- Click the Privacy button near the top right of the window.
- Click Automation in the list on the left side of the window. You may need to scroll down the list to see it.
- Look for one or more Audiobook Builder items in the list on the right side of the window – you may need to scroll down the list to see these – and make sure those items have a checkmark next to Music or iTunes.
- Relaunch Audiobook Builder and try building again.
That should have you off and running. Enjoy!