macOS Mojave and later will ask you for permission the first time Audiobook Builder needs to interact with iTunes in some way, like adding the iTunes selection to your new audiobook or adding your new audiobook to iTunes. If you get a message from Audiobook Builder that it’s “Unable to add the audiobook to iTunes”, you might’ve accidentally declined that request. Here’s how to tell your Mac it’s OK:
- Go to the Apple () menu at the top left corner of your screen and click the System Preferences… item to reveal the System Preferences window.
- Click the Security & Privacy icon.
- Click the Privacy button near the top right of the window.
- Click Automation in the list on the left side of the window.
- Make sure the iTunes checkbox directly below every Audiobook Builder item on the right side of the window has a checkmark.
- Relaunch Audiobook Builder and try building again.
That should have you off and running. Enjoy!