If you’ve installed the OS X 10.11 “El Capitan” public beta you’ll want to grab Audiobook Builder 1.5.4b5, a stable pre-release build of the next version of Audiobook Builder. It makes sure the app can finish launching so you can continue using it while you test Apple’s latest and greatest – and it comes with several fixes that we’ve been working on. Your preferences should carry over automatically, and you can even use this build in place of the Mac App Store version until the “official” release is available there. So what’re you waiting for?
To install Audiobook Builder 1.5.4b5
- Click here to download the new build.
- Click the Finder icon in your Dock, then go to the Go menu at the top of your screen and click the Downloads folder menu item. Your Downloads folder will appear.
- Look for a file named Audiobook Builder 1.5.4b5.zip. Double-click it and a new file will appear, named Audiobook Builder.app, with the familiar Audiobook Builder icon.
- Use the new build from your Downloads folder, or you can drag it to your Applications folder and use it from there. If you do the latter, you may be asked to replace an older item. It’s safe to replace it.
- If you encounter a message stating the application can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491 for help setting Gatekeeper to allow applications from identified developers to open.
You can use this build until the official release. If you purchased from the Mac App Store, when the official release is available it will replace this build. If you purchased directly from our website, the official release will replace this build when you drag it to your Applications folder.